It is not unusual to find a non-vegetarian celebrity suddenly shed his/her claws and embrace vegetarianism. While celebrities choose vegetarian diet due to their affinity for animals, other find vegetarianism an easy weight loss solution. Preserving animal rights and organic foods are both 'in' things these days. So celebrities who turned vegetarian suddenly have also become part of the trend.
Celebrities Who Turned Vegetarian:
1. Kareena Kapoor: Many Indian, including Bollywood celebs are vegetarians by birth. But that was not the case with the heiress of the Kapoor khandaan. Vegetarianism helped Kareena's size zero look in 'Tashan' but she stuck to it as a lifelong choice. She still continues to choose veggies over meat.
2. Vivek Oberoi: The grapevine says that Vivek Oberoi got inspired by Kareena to say no to meat. They discussed vegetarianism on the sets of Kurbaan and he followed suit.
3. Pamela Anderson: The champion of PETA, Pamela Anderson has more to offer than her generous booty. The Baywatch star did not choose vegetarianism for weight loss. She has been at her crusade for animal rights and vegetarianism for over a decade now! She is famous for her billboard advertisement in which she appeared wearing leaves. The copy read, 'Turn on a new leaf. Try Vegetarian'.
4. Christian Bale: Mr. Batman had quite an unusual childhood. He was brought up by parents who believed in animal rights. He has been a vegetarian since he was 9 years old. He has once admitted that reading 'Charlotte's Web' finally prompted him to choose veggies.
5. Natalie Portman: The Black Swan is a true supporter of animal rights. She had gone totally vegan refusing even diary products until she got pregnant. She continued to be vegetarian even during her pregnancy.
6. Sir Paul Mccartney: The Beatles and their stint in India with Osho left a deep impact of Sir Paul Mccartney. He is one of the celebrities who turned vegetarian and remained so all his life. It was not a passing celebrity diet fad. Like his friend George Harrison, who embraced Hinduism, Paul and his wife Linda practiced vegetarianism life long.